Saturday, January 15, 2011

Order C.E.T. Pet Toothbrush


Fairly nice toothbrush for cats. I bought two so they each have their own. It's identical to the toothbrush by PetDental. Still, it could be a little smaller and softer. I don't know what's so hard about making a tiny toothbrush for a cat's tiny mouth, but this is one of the best I've seen. The slight angle of the brush head does make it easier to use. I thought about buying the little brush also sold by C.E.T (the one with the round head), but my cats are accustomed to the brushes I bought, so I decided to stick with what they are familiar with (myself included).

I position my cats so they are sitting in front of me, but facing away so I can place place one hand over the top of the head and GENTLY hold the top part of the jaw so I can open the mouth and then with my other hand try to brush as much as I can before they need a break, then I repeat this until all areas are brushed. I try not to brush longer than 2-3 minutes since they are fed up with the whole thing if it takes too long. This is a nightly routine. One of my cats is easier to work with, but the other I have to wrap in a towel so she can't paw at me. Afterwards I brush them with their slicker brush (which they love) as a reward. I praise them when they behave well. I find when I praise good behavior, it makes the whole toothbrushing routine easier and they continue to improve.

My cats seem to expect it now as part of our night-time routine, and in the long-run it will save a lot of money in vet bills. Tooth extraction or a dental cleaning is way too expensive.

If you care about your babies, you'll take care of their teeth. They'll be healthier and live longer!Get more detail about C.E.T. Pet Toothbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment