Sunday, December 26, 2010

Save C.E.T. Oral Hygiene Kit for Cats


This toothbrush is nice, small, and at an angle perfect for getting into crevices. The hardest part about brushing Snowy's teeth had nothing to do with the product itself, but rather getting a cat to accept the concept of brushing. If you do have trouble with it, the vets have great handouts and I did a slow and steady introduction to avoid negative experiences for kitty. I took a month, the first week of just touching his teeth with my fingers daily, next week gently rubbing his teeth with my fingers, next week letting him taste some of the toothpaste and rubbing his teeth with the paste with my fingers, and the last week introducing the brush and paste and doing a very quick brushing. For the next few months, I slowly increased the brushing time and rigor. Now he lets me really go at it and it is not his favorite thing in the world, but he does not protest or even cry. Just be sure to give a treat every single time and perhaps do it at the same time every day so kitty sees a pattern.

Snowy used to have horrible tartar buildup and would need dental scrapings regularly. He still gets a little, but since we started brushing him daily, he has not needed one this year!Get more detail about C.E.T. Oral Hygiene Kit for Cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment