Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Purchase Hi-Vite Drops (1 oz.)


Thumbs up to Entirely Pets for delivering promptly. Unfortunately, the product will not be used as part of my cat's therapy even though the vet prescribed it.

For starters, my cat is an anaemic diabetic and the 2nd ingredient after water is SUGAR. The 3rd igredient is SORBITOL. Even healthy cats should avoid such ingredients. Trusting my vet, I gave her some, anyway. For starters, she did not accept the taste and I struggled dispensing. Then, she behaved unusually. After ingesting, she took on a strange wide-awake, yet catatonic, behavior, where she would lie down, head on the floor, staring into space, in a sleeping position -- but eyes wide as a saucer -- something I never saw my cat do before. It was just weird. I decided to sample its taste to see why she hated taking it so much. I dabbed a MICRO dot from the cap onto my finger. The tiniest dab one can imagine, and yes, it was gross, but the alarming part was how it made me feel after a few minutes. My equilibrium was off. I felt like I could unpredictably fall while walking. However, I was alert. Then, I understood why my cat was immobilized and wide awake at the same time. Maybe it was a bad batch. Maybe it just didn't agree with EITHER of us. Generally, just be wary of sugar/sweeteners in ALL pet vitamins, but in this one especially, the energy the IRON and B VITAMINS are supposed to deliver just may be upstaged by the SUGAR HIGH. My vet suggested cutting the dose in half if I was concerned about the sugar. She is diabetic, so I cut it out altogether. Instead, I bought another iron supplement and b vitamins elsewhere -- without sugar.

Hopefully, Amazon will start to list exact ingredients, in general, as found on labels -- especially the mg. or mcg. contents of each vitamin.Get more detail about Hi-Vite Drops (1 oz.).

No comments:

Post a Comment